Cabela’s is one of the leading outdoor retailers in the country. A user will find everything from fishing equipment to hunting gear and even boats, all under one roof. If a user frequently finds him shopping at Cabela’s stores, then the Cabela’s Club Visa Card might be a great addition to his wallet. Not only will it reward each purchase a user makes, but he can redeem those rewards for merchandise that has been on a wish list.
After a user sign up and is approved for the Cabela’s Club Visa Card, he will receive a bonus of $25 in club points. If a user makes five purchases within the first 30 days, he will receive an additional $25 in club points. There are three different versions of the Cabela’s Club Visa Card. The card a user has depends on the amount he spends each year. When a user first applies, he will start out with the Visa Classic card. This card will award a user 2% back in points when he shops at Cabela’s store. A user will also earn 1% back when he uses the card on any other purchase outside of Cabela’s.
When a user spends $10,000 annually, he will then receive the Visa Silver card. This card will allows a user to earn 3% back on all purchases that he make at Cabela’s and 1% back on all other purchases. In addition to the points a user earn with a card, he will also receive an invitation to member’s only club events and special offers. But the best part of the Cabela’s Club Visa Card is that there is no annual fee.
• Up to $35 initial bonus
• 2% back at Cabela’s and participating Cenex locations (1% elsewhere)
• No annual fee
• Lower purchase APR for Cabela’s purchases
• No low introductory financing rates
• Potential for a high regular APR
• 1% foreign transaction fee
• The top tier card (4 stars): The Cabela’s Club Visa Black card is a top tier card. This card is designed for anyone that spends more than $25,000 annually with their card. Shopping done outside of Cabela’s will receive the same 1% back, however purchases made at Cabela’s will earn 5% points back.
• It comes with endless options (5 stars): No matter if a user is filling his car up with gas, buying groceries, or purchasing new hunting gear, a Cabela’s card will have him covered. There is no limit to the amount of points a user can earn. Plus, as long as the account is in good standing, points will never expire. Once a user has enough points that he wants to redeem them for gear, he can do so in a Cabela’s store, through Cabelas.com, or with a Cabela’s catalogue order.
• Not much satisfying (3 stars): A user will earn the point equivalent of 2% cash back on purchases made at Cabela’s and Cenex convenience stores. That’s acceptable but nowhere close to what the best store-affiliated credit cards will give a user. All other purchases made with the Cabela’s Credit Card will yield just 1%, which is actually below the market average for a rewards card.
If you shop at Cabela’s often, then you’ll probably want to get this credit card. It has no annual fee, the interest rate is low and you have options for cash back. Overall, it’s a solid card!