Cabela’s is one of the leading outdoor retailers in the country. A user will find everything from fishing equipment to hunting gear and even boats, all under one roof. If a user frequently finds him shopping at Cabela’s stores, then the Cabela’s Club Visa Card might be a great addition to his wallet. Not only will it reward each purchase a user makes, but he can redeem those rewards for merchandise that has been on a wish list.
After a user sign up and is approved for the Cabela’s Club Visa Card, he will receive a bonus of $25 in club points. If a user makes five purchases within the first 30 days, he will receive an additional $25 in club points. There are three different versions of the Cabela’s Club Visa Card. The card a user has depends on the amount he spends each year. When a user first applies, he will start out with the Visa Classic card. This card will award a user 2% back in points when he shops at Cabela’s store. A user will also earn 1% back when he uses the card on any other purchase outside of Cabela’s.
When a user spends $10,000 annually, he will then receive the Visa Silver card. This card will allows a user to earn 3% back on all purchases that he make at Cabela’s and 1% back on all other purchases. In addition to the points a user earn with a card, he will also receive an invitation to member’s only club events and special offers. But the best part of the Cabela’s Club Visa Card is that there is no annual fee.
• Up to $35 initial bonus
• 2% back at Cabela’s and participating Cenex locations (1% elsewhere)
• No annual fee
• Lower purchase APR for Cabela’s purchases
• No low introductory financing rates
• Potential for a high regular APR
• 1% foreign transaction fee
• The top tier card (4 stars): The Cabela’s Club Visa Black card is a top tier card. This card is designed for anyone that spends more than $25,000 annually with their card. Shopping done outside of Cabela’s will receive the same 1% back, however purchases made at Cabela’s will earn 5% points back.
• It comes with endless options (5 stars): No matter if a user is filling his car up with gas, buying groceries, or purchasing new hunting gear, a Cabela’s card will have him covered. There is no limit to the amount of points a user can earn. Plus, as long as the account is in good standing, points will never expire. Once a user has enough points that he wants to redeem them for gear, he can do so in a Cabela’s store, through Cabelas.com, or with a Cabela’s catalogue order.
• Not much satisfying (3 stars): A user will earn the point equivalent of 2% cash back on purchases made at Cabela’s and Cenex convenience stores. That’s acceptable but nowhere close to what the best store-affiliated credit cards will give a user. All other purchases made with the Cabela’s Credit Card will yield just 1%, which is actually below the market average for a rewards card.